How to add static routes
In case 3rd-party routers are used in the network environment, it may be necessary to add manual
routes to reach the remote zones.
The following example explains how to add a manual route to reach the backbone zone 10.10.1.0/24
from HQ gateway.
- Login to your Connect Controller (CC)
- Go to Network Design > Zones
- Select “New Zone” and choose the correct Site from the drop-down menu where the new zone should be deployed, e.g. HQ
- Enter a descriptive name e.g. “Backbone” and click on “Submit”
- Select the new created zone
- Change the network range in tab “IP” to 10.10.1.0/24 and provide the gateway information for this network
- Go to tab “Gateways” and switch “Default Gateway configuration” to manual
- Delete the “Gateway assignments” below
(Please note that the gateway IP in the zone’s “IP” information will not be used for routing decisions in this setup – it is just for visual clarity)
- Click on “Settings” tab > 3rd-party routing > Add route
- Select “HQ LAN” in “From Zone/Net” and enter the IP 172.16.1.254 in “IPv4 gateway” and click “Submit”
The gateway will now route all traffic for zone Backbone (10.10.1.0/24) to the 3rd-party router (172.16.1.254).
Thank you, your comment successfully submitted
your comment has been submited, it might take a while to be moderated.