KARLSRUHE, GERMANY- August 20, 2015 – Ocedo GmbH, global provider of software defined networking solutions, launched its new line of switches, complementing its existing gateways and access points, to deliver a complete branch and edge networking system. Distributed organizations can now automate configuration from the cloud across their branch network infrastructure, entirely eliminating expensive and error-prone manual appliance configuration.
Ocedo switches are enabled with advanced features that allow IT administrators to efficiently design, roll-out and operate distributed LAN and WIFI infrastructures:
- Zero-Touch Provisioning - Non-technical personnel can quickly install a switch without the need for onsite configuration by a network administrator.
- Port Visibility – Global view of all switch ports and connected devices provides an always current network inventory.
- Dynamic Zoning – Policy-driven segmentation of LAN and WIFI users is dynamically enforced across all sites.
- Virtual Wire - Easy access to remote network zones, experienced as if local with layer 2 VPN.
- Guest and BYOD Ready – Control over wired and wireless device proliferation, using captive portals and user self-enrollment.
- Cloud Stacking – Organization-wide port and VLAN management, just like working with a single switch.
- Auto Trunking – Self configuring trunk ports between Ocedo appliances, eliminating VLAN configuration errors.
- Less Noise – Ocedo switches are designed for silent operations in an office environment.
- Full Range - To address the needs of small retail locations to large offices, Ocedo offers 12-, 24-, 48-port models, all PoE+ enabled.
“To date, the industry has been solely focused on delivering the benefits of software defined networking for data center switching,” said Jan Hichert, Ocedo Co-founder and CEO. “Today, Ocedo makes modern networking practical for IT administrators responsible for distributed LAN and WIFI environments.”
Addressing the full range of connectivity needs of distributed organizations, Ocedo’s branch and edge networking solution also enables hybrid WAN, guest and BYOD access, safe Internet access, cloud connectivity, and network functions virtualization (NFV).
Ocedo was started by the founders of Astaro, the leading German IT security provider, which was acquired by Sophos in 2011. Ocedo has employees in Australia, Canada, Germany, Romania, Singapore and Taiwan, and a growing network of service partners on four continents.
Ocedo is the smart way to efficiently connect distributed enterprises. Powered by software defined WAN technology, Ocedo enables IT administrators to automate branch and edge networks from the cloud. By eliminating manual network configuration, Ocedo accelerates deployment of hybrid WAN, guest and BYOD access, safe Internet access, distributed LAN and WIFI, hybrid cloud connectivity, and network functions virtualization. www.ocedo.com
Thank you, your comment successfully submitted
your comment has been submited, it might take a while to be moderated.